1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Closing ms word from a macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by 379phil, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 379phil

379phil Thread Starter

I have MS Access 2003 installed, have created a Macro to open a word document which has mail merge previously formatted on it to insert "Dear [field]". Prior to that a form opens to give instructions on what to do when the word document opens, that in turn opens the word document once the user clicks on the close button. My problem is that everything works but how do I get the word document (which is a template) to close once the user has finished with it and then it opens a new document for the user to print off the letters. Hope that is not too confusing. Grateful if someone can steer me in the right direction, I am no good at all with VBA by the way!
    Macro - 1. Open form then 2. Open App (Word Document)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice