1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mymanmo, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mymanmo

mymanmo Thread Starter

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
    When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it :)

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

Start > Run > Eventvwr.msc > Copy and paste all the recent errors

4. mymanmo

mymanmo Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. It's a friends computer and will have them forward error report for posting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658783