Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

closing programs

629 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thsh6 
#1 ·
On my old system (Win-98) I could close programs by doing Control-Alt-Delete. On Win-XP when I try to do this, a box pops up that only gives me the option to connect or logoff. There is no list of programs running. I must be looking in the wrong place! - Still a computer idiot - thsh6

#2 ·
Are you on a network? That is the only reason I can think of that ctrl-alt-dlt would behave that way in windows xp. I run xp and mine gives me the windows task manager, like you are looking for. I can recommend an alternate program that is similar to task manager and very user friendly (free too). It is called Starter. You can download it from the following site:
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downright_pages/downrights_a-z.htm

I hope that helps.

#4 ·
motherboard is right. You must be on the "users" tab. That is the only tab with disconnect and logoff. Starter is still a handy program if you want to give it a try, though. Good Luck!

#5 ·
I finally got the problem fixed - I had to resort to the Microsoft Support page. It said that I was in "Tiny Footprints" mode, and that if I double-clicked at the top of the bar, the Task Manager Window would open up - which it did! Praise God. thsh6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.