Cloud Questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patmac

Hello,
This is my first look into backing up to the cloud.
My main question is which service to use, free or paid, does it matter.
Are there services to stay away from?
I'm just looking to backup pics and some files, not sure what the amount will be, I'm sure that matters.
I have some things backed up on external drives and I'm looking for a way to get things remotely stored as well.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

etaf

Wayne
free, usually has limited storage space
idrive.com is very good and often has deals

but you want a backup service not a synchronisation service

onedrive for example is not a backup its sync

patmac

Thanks.
From what I read about idrive, it appears a lot is automated, such as sync'ing devices and idrive knowing when a files/folder changes.
I'm just looking to be able to manually save a file or folder to the cloud. I don't need to schedule anything.
I have an older machine I want to have another avenue to backup it's contents.
Am I mis-reading how idrive works?
Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online