Cloud

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nichos

1. New to Cloud. I tried to drag files to cloud without success, how to add files direcly in to cloud.

2. These one drive, drop box etc. are so confusing, I do not need them, would be simpler to add directly in to cloud BUT, How? W10

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi nichos, and welcome to TSG.

Cloud storage is a way of storing data on servers that are on the Internet rather than on a hard drive on your computer or a server on your own network. You typically need to use a cloud storage service provider, such as Dropbox, One Drive, Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud, etc. Some may offer a limited amount of free storage.

plodr

Liz
These one drive, drop box etc. are so confusing, I do not need them
If you don't need them, then don't store any files in the cloud.

My husband and I store most of our files locally. That is on USB sticks and portable hard drives in our home.

nichos

Thank you all,

I was mistaken, I thought I could easily & directly put things in cloud, and my wife could take files on her laptop in the other room, without putting a file in a stick & take it downstairs to her.

I have never for years been able either to network our home computers. I read how many times but it never worked.

cwwozniak

Chuck
You are welcome to get some help here to get your computers to see each other on your local network. Post your problem, any solution attempts, and all of the hardware details for the computers, routers, modems being used in our networking forum.

AmyToo

Amy
"Cloud" is just a generic term for data storage services. Google, Amazon, Dropbox all provide cloud storage services.

If you just want to share files in your home, you might think about getting a NAS (network attached storage) device like Drobo or Synology. Super easy to setup and use.

I haven't set up drive sharing between home computers in a while, so if you want to do that, it sounds like some folks here can help.

plodr

Liz
I've never set up drive sharing. (we have 7 computers in the house)
If a file is small, you can email it to your wife if you don't want to put it on a stick and walk it somewhere in the house to her computer.

Someone here will be able to help you set up a shared folder on each computer so your wife and you can share files without putting them in the cloud.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online