1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cloud

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nichos, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

1. New to Cloud. I tried to drag files to cloud without success, how to add files direcly in to cloud.

2. These one drive, drop box etc. are so confusing, I do not need them, would be simpler to add directly in to cloud BUT, How? W10

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi nichos, and welcome to TSG.

Cloud storage is a way of storing data on servers that are on the Internet rather than on a hard drive on your computer or a server on your own network. You typically need to use a cloud storage service provider, such as Dropbox, One Drive, Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud, etc. Some may offer a limited amount of free storage.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you don't need them, then don't store any files in the cloud.

My husband and I store most of our files locally. That is on USB sticks and portable hard drives in our home.

4. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Thank you all,

I was mistaken, I thought I could easily & directly put things in cloud, and my wife could take files on her laptop in the other room, without putting a file in a stick & take it downstairs to her.

I have never for years been able either to network our home computers. I read how many times but it never worked.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You are welcome to get some help here to get your computers to see each other on your local network. Post your problem, any solution attempts, and all of the hardware details for the computers, routers, modems being used in our networking forum.

6. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    "Cloud" is just a generic term for data storage services. Google, Amazon, Dropbox all provide cloud storage services.

If you just want to share files in your home, you might think about getting a NAS (network attached storage) device like Drobo or Synology. Super easy to setup and use.

I haven't set up drive sharing between home computers in a while, so if you want to do that, it sounds like some folks here can help.

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I've never set up drive sharing. (we have 7 computers in the house)
    If a file is small, you can email it to your wife if you don't want to put it on a stick and walk it somewhere in the house to her computer.

Someone here will be able to help you set up a shared folder on each computer so your wife and you can share files without putting them in the cloud.

8. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Thanx again, I will try that.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice