1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cloudy patches on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeRobo, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeRobo

GeorgeRobo Thread Starter

Today I received a new Dell monitor, a 24in LCD HD one, and there are occasional cloudy patches on the screen. They go away after a while of having the monitor switched off however that isn't an ideal solution.
    Does this usually happen with new monitors? Is it worth just waiting it out until it gets better or is it unlikely to get any better?

I would usually ring Dell and get a replacement however I have already had one faulty monitor (it wasn't to do with cloudy patches) and this one is, itself, a replacement. So I'd rather not have the hassle of getting another one!
    Any help would be great thanks (y)

2. weddy69

weddy69 Banned

return it!!! Get a new one or have them change the screen... It shouldn't matter what brand of computer it is, they should not have any faults on it coming out of the box.

do it while its under warranty and under the 30-90 day rules.

3. dai

dai

return it straight away

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice