1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CM Storm Devastator Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trev43545, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trev43545

trev43545 Thread Starter

Hey Guys Hopefully someone can help me, since ASUS, Cooler-Master, and Windows have all failed me.

Recently I have built my first custom desktop build (will have specs at the bottom) and I ordered a CM Storm Devastator Keyboard and Mouse Combo to replace my old mouse and keyboard which used the PS/2 port. Both the keyboard and mouse look great, but I have not been able to use them on my new desktop. The CM Devastator is a plug-and-play keyboard, and does not require any drivers downloaded from any external website.

BackStory: First I will say that the first time I plugged them in I was not connect to the internet, and the current mouse and Keyboard I am using are using the older PS/2 Ports.

Plugging them in for the first time and both light up and perform flawlessly, I can use both the mouse and keyboard to access my Motherboard BIOS, and they both work how you would think a keyboard and mouse would work. However as soon as you exit the BIOS, and Windows shows the black start-up screen where it says loading Windows, both cease to function, both have power but they will not work. I have ran a "clean boot" thinking an intrusive program is not permitting it to work, I have turned all programs off, ran my computer in Safe Mode, and still nothing. I have tested my New Devastator on a laptop also running windows 7 Home Premium and they still work flawlessly, which leads me to believe something inside windows is not allowing it to function properly.

Please Someone help me so I can actually use this keyboard and I don't have to send it back, Thanks! Trev-

Computer Specs:

Processor:
    Intel Pentium G3258 Dual-Core 3.2GHz Unlocked

Motherboard:
    ASUS H97M-E/CSM LGA 1150

RAM:
    SuperTalent DDR3 1333 16GB

Memory:
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Video Card/GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 750ti SuperClocked 2GB

Case:
    Rosewill Challenger Black ATX

Keyboard and Mouse:
    CM Storm Devastator Keyboard and Mouse Combo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Hi trev43545 and welcome. Have you tried to enter safemode and see if the problems still exists? Are these USB or wireless?

3. trev43545

trev43545 Thread Starter

They are both Wired USB, and I have ran a boot in safe mode with them plugged in, and neither still work

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Please try plugging in your old keyboard and mouse. Go to the control panel/device manager, uninstall the mouse and keyboard. Then shut down the computer. Unplug the old and plug in the new. Restart and see if that does the trick for you.

5. trev43545

trev43545 Thread Starter

I cannot do that, because when I go to remove one, either the keyboard or mouse, it requires a restart. When I restart the computer and replace the either keyboard or mouse that I uninstalled, both continue to act the same.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice