1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved cmd.exe will not run

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ren, Dec 10, 2001.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren

ren Guest Thread Starter

i have had many problems to my pc and made many upgrade
    somewhere along the line i lost the ability to boot into dos, but still could use the command prompt in windows
    i have managed to struggle on, but now it is becoming a problemi want to write an app that uses cmd.exe
    basically if i attempt to run cmd.exe i get a message regarding kernel32.dll
    i wish i had it on me right now a bit crap of me really, i will maybe come post the exact message later when i get home
    but i am wondering what can i do except install the o/s again
    i am running win98 second edition

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

In Windows 98, you have to use command.com to get a DOS prompt. cmd.exe is for Windows NT and 2000.

3. ren

ren Guest Thread Starter

yeah sorry i was getting confused
    i work with NT all day long
    i have got it working now anyway
    not sure how exactly
    i still get rows of errors at the top of my command prompt
    but it appears to work for the time being

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice