cmd window: faster than the speed of light

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

saiahp

I can go to the cmd window at least once when running ipconfig or other programs. However, if I go back to check on something the window flashes briefly (a nanosecond) and then shuts. From then on it is useless to me. It happens more when I use the Run... starting point than the cmd window itself. (XP Home on a Sony Laptop) Any way to get it to stick around longer? Or is this a matter of a corrupted file or code? THanks

DoubleHelix

Banned
Are you first typing 'cmd' in the Run box and then typing 'ipconfig'? Or are you typing 'ipconfig' in the Run box?

saiahp

My path is Start-> Run-> and the drop down shows ipconfig (or others) or I type ipconfig and hit OK. In fact, I just did it 2 times now to 'measure twice' so to speak, and the cmd window is there for maybe a second and is gone. Didn't look like there was any text on the black, blank screen. Poof!

You need to type 'cmd' in the Run box (not 'ipconfig') to open a command prompt. Then, at the command prompt, type 'ipconfig'

instead of typing in a post problem solved why not use thread tools dropdown menu and mark post solved, so people wont waste time like i just did, just a suggestion for future reference to make it easier on everyone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online