CMOS battery for a laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jazzmaster44

Dell InspironB130 will not boot and power. I tested the power supply and power plug look good. I have been reading on different web site, some people have problem with cmos battery going bad. They replace the battery and it the booting problem. The laptop is nine years old, and I test cmos battery, it has three voltage. However, can see cmos battery still be bad..

Thank You!
rick

You could replace the battery anyway, those are not that expensive and see if it makes your problem go away, although I doubt it. Usually a bad main battery can cause that problem, have you tried to boot without it? Realistically though, 9years old? That thing is ancient, you should replace it.

Cmos battery doesn't really have anything to do with starting the pc, it simply saves settings is all. When you say you tested the power cord, what did you do because those are the most common reasons for failure. beyond that Cleaverx is right. Average shelf life of a laptop is 3 years it owes you nothing and really it is time to move on.

Cmos battery doesn't really have anything to do with starting the pc, it simply saves settings is all. When you say you tested the power cord, what did you do because those are the most common reasons for failure. beyond that Cleaverx is right. Average shelf life of a laptop is 3 years it owes you nothing and really it is time to move on.

Is has everything to do with starting a PC. It's the battery. saving settings is a bios function. Average shelf life for a laptop taken care of by a non techie might be 3 years. Average shelf life for a laptop by a decent techie is 7+ years. At least.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online