cmos,bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bgates

my friends pc wont start ,he gets a message saying 'cmos checksum bad' i have read that the bios needs resetting so can anyone explain how to do this please

bgates

is this just a matter of replacing the battery,do i have to reset anything

Before U Changing the Battery First of all u Clear the CMOS settings it is simple way on the battery holder contains there are two corners u just short the corners using screw driver the place the new battery. after changing the battery press del key and go to BIOS setup u change the all settings like date and time boot options

Try this..................

bgates

thanks,i have taken the battery out but their is nothing on their telling me the voltage,are the batteries all the same power for the size of battery

bgates

i have dne all you said but still the same any other options please,thank you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online