CMOS checksum error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zapper067

AMI Bios gave me this after installing linux from 7 home premium x64.Installed server foundation 2008 r2 64 bits still got this error.I have a habit to turn the mains off,and every time the mains is on,the computer auto-magically turns on and present with cmos checksum error date and time not set press f1 to load defaults or del for setup.Pressing f1 will not cause errors,but the time auto reset to 1/1/10 .thisis bugging me for a long time as i cannot update properly until i get the right time,which is troublesome.the battery is not dead(only 1 year old),and i cannot change it or warranty is void.How to fix this error?

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
If the date/time is changing or not set, the battery is likely dead (or there is a motherboard/power issue). Age is irrelevant. And changing the battery should not void the warranty.

zapper067

But it happened when i install linux,and warranty will be void if the it is opened.There is a sticker along the edge and if it is opened,breaking the sticker,warranty will be void.

crjdriver

OK, I am not understanding this;
cannot change it or warranty is void
If you have a warranty, why not use it to fix the problem???

If you want to fix it yourself, then start with a cmos battery.

crjdriver

Your choice; either fix it or not. If you want to fix it, then start with what was outlined above. If you do not want to fix it, then do not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online