1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cmos Setting Wrong

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angellstar20, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angellstar20

angellstar20 Thread Starter

:( What does it mean when the screen that comes up before windows xp comes up... the black screen that tells you about your system comes up with a message like this

CMOS settings wrong
    CMOS memory size wrong

What does this mean? How did it get this way cause I never made changes, and how can i make adjustments. When I hit F1 to enter set up it brings me to the standard CMOS set up. The date is January 21, 2003. I seem unable to change the date. On exit and continuing on to windows and opening up to my section, the clock is wrong as well as the date... it also reads January 2005. Can someone help me make the appropriate changes to my computer CMOS?

2. n2gun

n2gun

Sounds like your battery is getting weak. Pick up a new one and put it in. Take the old one with you so you get the right one. After you put it in go into the bios check your settings, then exit and save. Suggest you go into bios and write down the settings before you remove the battery

3. angellstar20

angellstar20 Thread Starter

I went in before receiving this message and changed the dates.... by reading closer how to do so and the messages that came before are no longer there.... I did review a post not refurring specifically to this question but very simular.... i will be taking my system back to the place where it was custom made. For being a system practically new... i think the warrantee will cover things nicely ... ty for your speedy responce.... :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/211579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice