1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CMOS settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silverado4, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

I have a soyo motherboard with Ver. 6.00 PG Phoenix bios.
    It is a 3.2 Gig processor by intel. The soyo motherboard is
    SY-P41875P dragon 2 V1.0.

I would like to speed up the boot-up or dram setting to make it faster.
    Is this possible in the CMOS BIOS settings?

Please give me some setting for best BIOS/CMOS settings.
    Thanks

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Not knowing your Bios, there is a possibility that you can set the post to fast boot, which would bypass the POST Screen, but that would only give you a few seconds boot time savings.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    There may also be an option for testing the system RAM on bootup. Depending on the amunt of installed RAM and the thoroughness level of the tests, this can also take a bit boot up time. Completely disabling the RAM test would speed up the boot time but might also not warn you about any sections of bad memory that could cause unexpected system crashes later on.

4. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

I do have a "turbo" settings in my CMOS, but that didn't help. I also can hit the Esc key to stop the testing of memory, but that really doesn't help much either. Thanks for both of your inputs.

How about changing I think they call it Latency time, mine in 2, what if I change that to 2.5 or so?

How about "timing schedule" from manual to "SPD"?

How about Active to precharge delay? Now default.

How about clockspeed?

It is now on quipck power on self test, which by passes all testing except memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice