1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cmsSCM and nruSCM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Safarilodges, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Safarilodges

Safarilodges Thread Starter

I have no idea what the messages means. :eek:

message: CMS Service not installed - please reinstall the service
    message: NRU Service not installed - please reinstall the service

It appears each time i've switched on my laptop or restarted it.
    It appears in 2 different blocks on my desktop and it is also seen at the bottom with other icons - each appears as a grey icon. the nruSCM icon looks like a stiffy and the cmsSCM icon is a picture of a hammer.

I'm recently experiencing different problems and not sure if it has anything to do with this CMS and NRU messages
    Problem 1; i have security cameras installed and if i playback the video's i used to be able to save the video in a file folder but it doesnt give me an error, the saved video just doesnt appear in the folder at all
    Problem 2: i used to be able to copy and paste a picture from a website into a word doc, but lately cant do that. i figured that i can copy the picture but first have to paste it into a photo program such as irvanview, then copy it and then paste it into a word file.
    Problem 3: i have a couple of printers that i can print wireless to. but cant print to the one printer which is a canon MF8080 - I just cannot print or scan wireless to this canon at all. the Hp printer works perfectly.

Just thought that the CMS and NRU message that this is not installed might have something to do with these problems. I've tried to download and install both numerious times but it still doesnt work. I'm not good at this kind of tech stuff as i dont understand tech language. If i can just get step-by-step instructions of how to reinstall these services i suspect that my 3 problems mentioned above might get solved. :confused:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8040 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8750M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 462990 MB, Free - 87640 MB; D: Total - 12817 MB, Free - 1541 MB; F: Total - 96 MB, Free - 68 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1948
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice