cna't remove printer drivers from windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

afsbz31489

I have two unused printer drivers in windows xp, home edition that I can't remove. My software programs wnt to keep degaulting to them and since the printers don't exist, I am unable to print. When I go to control panels, printers, the icons for these two printers are still there, with the word under them "deleting" in light gray text. I have tried removing in safe mode, and that doesn't work either. Suggestons?

In control panel cick on view then customize and check description bar. You should then see a red pc icon with an x through it. Click on it and select to delete the printer then reboot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online