1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coaster fans coming this spring!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Lurker1, Jan 10, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Lurker1

Lurker1 Thread Starter

Cedar point just announced this new coaster that will open this spring in Ohio. Looks like America will take back the coaster record.

The Point Online is reporting that Cedar Point Amusement Park has announced their newest addition: a 420 ft. goliath called Top Thrill Dragster. The coaster will be the world's tallest, and fastest at 120 mph. The coaster is going to be truly terrifying in that it shoots riders up the 420 ft. incline in 4 seconds at a 90 degree angle--then sends them straight down while completing a 270 degree twist. Top Thrill Dragster will feature 6 different colored 16 passenger trains, and can handle 1,500 riders per hour, comparable to other rides in the park. The park is calling Top Thrill Dragster the world's first strata-coaster, skipping the mathematical prefix 'tetra'. The coaster will cost $25 million dollars (the same price as Millennium Force), and is being constructed by Intamin AG, the same designers of Millennium Force, Wicked Twister, and others.

Pictures here.
    http://www.thepointol.com/home.shtml

2. littlemar

littlemar

I like rides --- but 120 mph seems a tad extreme to me. Maybe I'm getting too old for this type of thrill. Tell you what - I'll watch you try it and I'll be holding that bucket you'll need when you get off. LOL

3. Lurker1

Lurker1 Thread Starter

littlemar

You won't need the bucket for me. I like coasters. But I avoid all the spin and puke rides. ;)

4. Party Boy

Party Boy

My car does 140mph who needs a 'coaster? :p

5. Lurker1

Lurker1 Thread Starter

Party Boy
    Does it go 0 to 120 in four seconds? :D

6. Party Boy

Party Boy

If you drop it out of a plane it might :D

7. marioh

marioh

My kind of coaster.
    The bigger and faster, the better. :p

Funny thing is, I'm not too thrilled with heights, but never seem to mind it on roller coasters.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice