1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

coax to hdmi/rca possible?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by mardigrasvet, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mardigrasvet

mardigrasvet Thread Starter

right now, tv cable goes to splitter, then to digital adaptor, then to a/b antenna/cable switch, then to tv coax input. (from the splitter, one cable goes directly to the a/b switch to enable the local hd stations.) reason: if cable bypasses dig adapter, i get local hd stations but lose most of cable channels. if cable goes thru dig adapter then to tv, i lose local hd stations and all channels broadcast on smaller area of 40" tv.

problem: everytime i use the a/b switch, i must autoprogram. figure problem might be solved by using a cable that will go from the coax cable to either rca or hdmi inputs on tv.

found company online that sells "analog video to dvi/hdmi converter-exterior cable tv tuner" for $148. hoping to avoid monthly cable company charge for their hd box.

thanks for your help on this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice