1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

coby mp3 player quit

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by barncat, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

I have a mpc70x5, 1g player...battery has fresh charge...at power on the screen lights up and i can see menue and battery condition...then screen goes dark....holding down on touch control panel makes screen light up faintly and flicker....can not access anything, only the menue is shown.

tried the reset thing with a pin....no help.

is there something i could try?

thank you...

2. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

coby support says that it is the unreplaceable battery!,,i have to buy another player!

bull!.....first off is there anyone who thinks this diagnosis sounds correct??

has anyone taken any of these things apart?....suppose to have litium-ion battery..

thanks for any input!!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've taken many devices apart and soldered in new batteries. I don't listen to folks that tell me that "it's unfixable". :D

4. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

Thanks!....i agree......i'm pretty weak as far as computer part of this machine...do symptoms sound like a bad battery?...it shows full charge on screen...and when i put it on pc it stops charging afer a few minutes....thanks

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Could well be the battery, I'd take it apart and see if there's anything physically wrong that might explain it. If not, you can try to find a compatible battery, I'd had good luck finding all sorts of odd-ball batteries on the Internet for equipment.

6. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

John, thanks, i'll get out my magnifying glass and give it a shot!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice