1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cod 4 'Awaiting Key Code Authorization'

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matser Cup, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Matser Cup

Matser Cup Thread Starter

Hi,
    When I try and join any games on cod 4 multiplayer, it comes up with message 'Awaiting key code athorization' then counts to ten and exit's. This has happened before but if I tried again I could always connect, now no matter how many times I try on any server it wont let me connect, please help.
    Also, I dont no if this is any way related but i can no longer connect to Steam or acces some websites I normaly go on.

2. burnthepc

burnthepc

That message means punkbuster can't get a reply (Key Code) to say you're using an unmodifed game.

I'd say the internet problems are related to this issue. Are you posting on the machine with the trouble?

3. Matser Cup

Yer, it connects to most things easily, I was playing World in conflict online earlier but some things just wont load.

4. tony oh

tony oh

5. Matser Cup

Yer i read that thread before i posted, nothing anybody said helped me, ive tried updating punkbustr, making the time longer, disabling all my firewalls and security, nothing :(

6. tony oh

tony oh

Mines not working now either:(

7. Matser Cup

I read on some thread that Activision Support helped somebody fix the problem, but I went through the website for hours and couldnt find anything to help, Im really stuck.

8. jonmcc33

jonmcc33 Banned

This is controlled by IW's servers. Once in a while they have issues. There is nothing you can do on your end.

9. bryantrance

bryantrance

It looks as if I'm in the same boat too. CoD United Offensive and the Original CoD wont connect either.

Interestingly Internet Explorer wont connect to callofduty.com or activision.com either.

What the heck is going on?

10. bryantrance

bryantrance

I'm up and running again it definately seems to be their end not mine!

11. tony oh

tony oh

12. Matser Cup

Cod 4 is now working fine for me now, it seems that its their problem not ours, so we just need to sit tight until they fix it.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/676166