CoD2 loading screen is hanging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onion_fusion

This problem used to be an on-and-off problem, and is now constant.
When starting Call of Duty 2 multiplayer, when the loading screen appears, instead of it taking the usual 5-10 seconds to load, it takes about 2 minutes. This is an extremely hassling issue, and I have tried re-installing etc.

Any possible solutions please?

-thanks

Hi,

How much free space do you have left on your HDD? Do you have any programs running in the background which could be using a lot of RAM?

My brother had the same problem, he could also not get into any games do to timing out, it took so long. He was using Zonealarm security suite. I found somewhere to turn off the anti-virus part of the program and it worked. Just don't forget to turn it on again after your done. Hope this solves it :)

onion_fusion

greatbigmouth said:
Hi,

How much free space do you have left on your HDD? Do you have any programs running in the background which could be using a lot of RAM?
Nope, I've ended all of my background tasks and processes.
And I have no active anti-virus programs running either :)

Not sure if this will work, but try it in safe mode (with networking). This can show you if it is something your running.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online