1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COD2 - Refresh Rate(s) Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Owyn, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owyn

Owyn Thread Starter

Hi.

Right, so my monitor definately supports 75Hz, as windows desktop is set to 75Hz and i have also set ATI Catalyst Control Centre to 75Hz.

So, i set it to 75Hz and 1280x1024 in game, but, i get some sort of white and multi-coloured flare around the edge of the bottom and right hand side of the screen. Although, this is only in game and does not affect the desktop or other applications, just Call of Duty 2.

It is well annoying, i don't know what's going on. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou.

2. Owyn

Owyn Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

for starters what type of monitor are you using? 1280x1024 sounds like an LCD screen and if thats the case refresh rate is really a moot point. Its probably factory set at 60Hz and thats going to be fine, you won't see ant flicker like you would at 60Hz with a CRT monitor.
    If you are having problems because your FPS seems to be stuck at that 60 just disable vsync in the game options (you probably won't get any noticeable tearing but if you do remember you disabled it and it can be turned back on)

just noticed you were forcing it to 75Hz in game, if that is an LCD monitor stop doing it its un needed and is probably whats causing your problems

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice