1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COD4 server browsder problems...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Zman1764, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zman1764

Zman1764 Thread Starter

this is really starting to get to me.

I've reinstalled COD4 numerous times for Numerous reasons. i tried running the game without a sound card at one point cause the nboard sound on this PC shorted out. i took the sound drivers out, never realized it NEEDED the sound card. dumbass me.

anyway

so now i pop my audigy 2 ZS in, game starts and runs ok.

but it runs ok.

heres the specs:
    AMD Opteron 146 OC'd to 2.5 ghz (for now)
    512MB RAM (yes i know this is a bottle neck, but i have no more money)
    Radeon X850 Pro (my moms PC has the same card)
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard

when i start the game, and go to the server browser it seems to be running fine.
    but when i click rfresh server list, it starts refreshing, MAD SLOW. i'm talking instad of 100 per second its doing maybe 30 per second. its so freakin slow, i cannot figure out whats wrong. tried both onboard ethernets, tried reinstalling drivers, checked the internet speed (used speedtest, then compared it to another computer in the same network), ran 3d mark 03 and came up with 11107 points, good enough when looking at the futuremark orb.

so its isolated to call of duty.

or so i thought.

i installed quake 4 and during the server browser it does the same thing as COD4 does. it finds servers mad slow, and doesn't go as fast as it should.

but why won't it work? i mean the freakin game runs great on my Athlon XP 1700+ @ 2.2ghz with 512MB's RAM and a 9600XT, i mean. come on, somethings gotta give.

i've reinstalled windows 4 times already, used different ahrd drives, etc.

ideas?

2. smorris

smorris

Are you using a firewall or router? If yes, try using a direct connection to the modem and see if that makes a difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice