Code 10 nightmares

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

comtech

It seems to happen very often, in the device manager is "Code 10- this device cannot start"

I am a computer tech and have not only seen this on many customers pcs but also on one of mine.

Examples;

One of my pcs has the code 10 problem on the network card (both onboard and a pci card) and no matter what is done, no use of the network card is possible. I have uninstalled/reinstalled windows, tried different known good cards, and a multitude of other things to no prevail.

Another example of this is a customers computer that has "Code 10- this device cannot start"
on their sound card in the device manager. I talked to them and he said that Dell has been out to his house and has swapped out motherboards and everything and the problem still comes back.

SO WHY AM I BRINGING THIS UP??

I have not ever seen a correct fix or reference to a fix for this problem. All of Microsoft's knowledge base articles have been a bunch or rambling bs like "follow the built in windows troubleshooter" I might as well let the neighbors dog do the troubleshiooting than follow that damn thing.....

I want to know if any one has heard of a corrective measure for all of this......... or share your Code 10 nightmares

I am a Army software functional analyst and we were receiving the the Code 10 error. What we found to be the problem was in our case the network devices were disabled in the BIOS. Once they were enabled the error did not reappear.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online