1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

code 10...wireless adaptor will not start

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GEOFF, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEOFF

GEOFF Thread Starter

My wife's pc running XP home cannot connect to the internet. Device manager says code 10, this device cannot start referring to her wireless adaptor. I looked on the back of her tower and a green light is flashing beside the word power next to her antenna.

The connection strength yesterday was very weak. I hard wired her to the high speed but could not get the networking right.....didn't seem to recognize it. It was like the wireless adaptor was messing things up. Does this mean the wireless card is shot? Card's Driver shows from 2005.
    G

2. JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon Banned

Sounds like something has gone wrong with the driver. Remove all of the software associated with the Wifi card. Reboot the PC.

Then reinstall the software, you mention that if you have a driver from 2005. Maybe go to the manufacturers website and download the latest driver. If this doesnt work then maybe there is an issue with the hardware. But I think reinstalling the driver should sort out the issue.

3. GEOFF

GEOFF Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I tried the uninstall and reinstall with the drivers, but no luck. I think it is the hardware, especially considering as the signal strength was getting weaker over the last few days before it died. I will check the hardware out next.
    G

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice