Code 29 error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lbjusmc

I have a Dell Dimension XPS D300 mid tower computer. It came loaded with Windows 98 SE and everything worked fine. I recently forensically wiped the hard drive and loaded Windows XP-PRO. I then attempted to add a printer and was unable to do so. A check of the device drivers revealed the following errors: Com port 3 and LPT # 3 both were marked with exclamation points with the following error message " The device is disable because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources (code 29)". It does not matter whether which port I change to, I still get the same error message. And, uninstalling and trying to reinstall the ports does not correct the problem either. Does this sound like a motherboard problem? Or, is there a software download that will correct this problem? Thanks - LBJ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online