1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Code 43

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Nukegod, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukegod

Nukegod Thread Starter

8gb ram (I think it's ddr5)
    AMD A-6 7470k
    Zotac nvidia 750Ti 2gb
    Win 10

So I have been offline for around 2-3 months, I moved into a hostel with no wifi. I then use my phone to download files for games and such. It was working fine until one day when I woke up, code 43 unknown usb device, device descriptor failed. I knew it was gonna be hard to FiX

So I just tried as many methods as I could over the month which I will put at the end. None of them worked. So I tried to contact microsoft yesterday, he said install a driver, didn't work. So I went back to chat to someone else, network troubleshooting links??? where microsoft think when they hired him. I still don't have internet but luckily a first utilities engineer is coming out on Friday. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO hooray finnaly, broadband. I spoke to someone else from Microsoft today, half an hour later, sorry but you will need a plan so that we can take control of your machine and fix the issue as it is more complex than usual.I was using a faulty cable the day before it broke and after I transfered my files, I pulled it out. I'm stuck trying to FiX this.

Methods I tried:
    Pulling the power cord, turning it on and plugging the device in,

Swapping the usb ports,

Swapping the cable,

Uninstaling the device and scanning for hardware changes or plugging it back in the port,

Troubleshooting (couldn't identify the issue)

Restarting the pc,

Turning ofF fast boot

Driver easy (it wouldn't update the composite device driver thing but it's out of date)

Think that's everything

Nope, I updated windows when I used hotspot one night, updated my phone and probably everything I could do,

Now I'm depressed and stuck in a pathetically small physiological hole and it's phscycoticaly damaging to my mental health so if anybody can help fix this problem, please help?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Nukegod

Nukegod Thread Starter

The device I'm trying to connect is a Samsung galaxy s4 mini

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice