Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Code error 0x80244019 Please Help!!!!!

4K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  Conly 
#1 ·
I cannot update either windows defender or just general windows updates. Even somtimes my antivirus (kaspersky 2009) turns itself off and i cant turn it back on without restarting my laptop. Im running vista. I need help with this badly, its been happening over a month now. Anybody have any ideas? Because I cant figure it out :(

#9 ·
I'm finding a LOT of comments on this error code online, most of which are dated December 2008 and earlier. Most involve ISA, Windows Server, or a proxy server.

I presume you can access the Internet ok. Are you using a proxy server of some kind? Can you check your Internet connection settings to see if a proxy server is configured? Is your computer connected directly to a DSL or cable modem or to a hardware router or is it connecting through another computer, using an ISA server or something?

Peace...

#10 ·
No im using no proxy at all. My connection is wireless. What is ISA? This seems to be a big problem because everything I have tried will not work, I even tried a system restore and everytime I done it(for different dates) it said it was unsuccessful?

#12 ·
No im using no proxy at all. My connection is wireless. What is ISA?
It's the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration server. It gets mentioned frequently with this particular error.

This seems to be a big problem because everything I have tried will not work, I even tried a system restore and everytime I done it(for different dates) it said it was unsuccessful?
Maybe KIS2009 has a firewall that is blocking Windows Update from contacting the update site.

If you can, look at Security Center and see how many firewalls and which firewall Windows reports is running.

Peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.