1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Code Error I'm having a problem with my site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by genie5, Sep 26, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with my site. it is redirecting my site to my Gmail. It is a site code error. My site is
    onlyDomains and instead of examplecompanyab.com it is going to my Gmail example[email protected] I do not know where to go in the site to fix this. I have asked for help and they just tell me it is not a server fault it is a site error. And I'am totally lost if someone can help me please.
    The gmail is just for that site Thank You

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2018
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to contact your web hosting company or whoever manages your DNS records, it appears someone may have screwed up and pointed your website to the your email address.

3. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

Yes thank you but I'm getting no help to fix it. I thought if someone could tell me where to go in my site to fix the problem. That would be all I needed to fix it.
    Thank you

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you able to log into your OnlyDomains account: https://www.onlydomains.com/account/signUp#

Does OnlyDomains host your domain and website or only the domain? You would need to make sure the Name Servers are correctly pointed at the actual website.

I'd be careful what you change there so you don't mess things up any further, who normally looks after this for you?

5. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

Yes I can log into it. The person who did all this died only a couple of days ago. I think he must of been sick the last day he was here and changed it by mistake so at the moment I'm flying solo. I'm thinking if he changed something surely I could just go change it back if I knew what he changed. Yes no maybe. Thank you for trying to help me.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Without seeing what's all set there's not much I can suggest, and no I do not want access to it at all. Your easiest solution is to contact OnlyDomains tech support and they will assist you with fixing it, they should offer tech support for any of the services that you pay for. You also need to know where your website is hosted, it may or may not be at OnlyDomains and you'll need to know it's IP address.

7. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

Thank you I do know all that but OnlyDomains are not good at getting back. So thanks for your help I did appreciate it. You guys have always been great. Thank you

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice