codec problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosmari

I'm editing .avi videos (converted from 8mm movies), and using Virtualdub filters. When I try to "save it as .avi", I get the message "cannot initialize smart rendering. The selected video codec is able to compress the source video, but cannot match the same compressed format".

Not understanding much about codec, I had downloaded Xvid MPEG-4 Codec. Evidently this is not what I need.

Please help!

rosmari

got it - thank you.

Now, I filtered it with Brightness/Contrast, and Deshaker v2.4 (which I added). But:
is there a filter that enhances color?
in certain sections, I'd like to slow down the movie to fewer frames/sec. Can I do that?
The person who took the original movies seems to have had trouble holding the camera straight, and much of the movie is at an angle. Is there a way to correct that (section by section, if possible)?

rosmari

I now seem to have a de-compression problem.
I managed to do some filtering with VirtualDub (Deshaker v2.4) and then saved it as .avi, after compressing it with Xvid MPEG-4.
It is now an .avi file, of the same duration, but the size has shrunk from 858 MB to 183KB.
How do I make it usable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online