Coding Advice Needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raygdw

Hi,
I need some advice. I have been asked to help a voluntary group who have no funds to create a website.They asked as I can manage to code a site using HTML but there are a few things they need that are beyond my ability.
They want to include the ability for new members to register online with a password.
Then to be able to upload their personal details so other members can see them online,
to be added automatically to a mailing list.
Then using that password to access restricted areas on the site.
Any suggestions or advice how to achieve the above without spending loads of money would be greatly appreciated. Free would be fantastic!

MMJ

you need a cms and/or forum. google those and ask any questions here. :)

raygdw

Sorry I don't really understand your reply but I will try entering cms into Google and see what comes up

MMJ

you would probably need something besides a forum for a mailing list.

if you want a forum I recommend that you do NOT get phpbb.

Get mybb or smf.

raygdw

Thanks folks. All very helpful. Any suggestions for a good, free CMS and will that allow me to include a facility for people to register online and login with their own username and password?

phpbb has a mailing lists, in the Admin Control Panel just to let you know.

Also if your looking for some good templates for the site, have a look at www.openwebdesign.org, they have amazing free open source templates.

MMJ

namenotfound said:
Depending on what forum you get, a lot of them can do mailing lists just fine. :)
Agreed, but you shouldn't get a forum if all you want a mailing list. (I should reword my previous post)

Although a forum might be your thing, too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online