1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coffee Spill!!! Urgent

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ScorpionFox, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ScorpionFox

ScorpionFox Thread Starter

so long story short my laptop spent the night in a coffee spill. Good news is it was only about the size of a United States quarter, maybe 2. It was working fine for about half an hour then the screen went out. The keyboard is backlit and there is an indication to show when it is on. So I know that it’s on, but the screen isn’t working. Is this something that I can fix myself, get fixed by a professional, or is it a lost cause? If I can still get it fixed about how much will it run me? I’m a high school with no money. The attached image is of the inside of the laptop it is a Dell Inspiron.

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The problem with electrically conductive liquids inside of electronic equipment is they allow electrical currents to travel across unintended paths. This can *immediately* destroy the electronic components those improper currents traveled through.

In order to find out exactly what was damaged and where would require proper testing equipment, the knowledge required to use it and to perform the tests ... the cost of which could far and away exceed the cost of a pallet full of new computers.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I read that and didn't bother answering because the first thing you do is keep the computer off for several days to be sure it has dried out completely. If you turn something on that has/had liquid under or in it, you are asking for problems.

metallica5456 and SpywareDr like this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice