1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coke or Pepsi

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by cwolfe98, Nov 11, 2001.

?

Which do you like best?

1. Coke

16 vote(s)
    320.0%
  2. Pepsi

12 vote(s)
    240.0%
Advertisement
  1. cwolfe98

cwolfe98 Thread Starter

Which do you like?
    The "Choice of a new generation"?
    Or "Classic"?

2. Gram123

Gram123

I can't choose, with so many other options out there!
    Roller Cola, Colorado Cola, Virgin, Cresta, Panda, My Mum's, Lowcocks, Best Buy's... All delicious (!!)

Gram

3. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

If I had to I'd say Classic but I'm really a big time Gatorade drinker.
    Love that stuff :)

4. Sharon D

Sharon D

I drank coke "classic" for years (when I was much younger) but now I find it's much too hard on the tummy. The only soft drink I drink now is Canada Dry gingerale-unless I'm having a drink of rye, then the pop mix has to be coke. :D

5. GreenIs

GreenIs

I like pepsi. Doesn't leave your teeth with that grimmy sugar feeling. BUT over all pop's I would chose gingerale...any brand gingerale.

6. Sharon D

Sharon D

What?!? You mean Canada Dry isn't the best gingerale out there??? Where's your Canadian pride? LOL Just kiddin' :D

7. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe

But do you guys remember Wilson's Golden Amber GA or Vernor's (which I understand may still be available in Canada.)

Ah sweet nectars of my youth.

And why does everybody over 70 nominate Schweppes as #1? Can't fathom it!

And BTW, what ever became of honey dew?

:)

8. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

Tip
    never heard of honey dew, is that anything like mountain dew?

9. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I chose pepsi. Coke classic is second. I used to be strictly Dr Pepper , however the use of corn fructose started in '83 I think it was. After that Dr Peppers were always to darn sweet

Savvy :)

10. wen

wen

fanta lemon
    first drank it in spain 10 years ago, good stuff.

gram whats lowcocks?

do you put your panda pops in your lunch box? he,he,he.

wen

11. peggy33881

peggy33881

I drink a pepsi nearly every night, but it has to be out of the can. It doesn't taste as good when it's in a glass. Those diet drinks are atrocious!!

12. hewee

hewee

Pepsi would be my pick from the two.
    But at home it's coffee.
    Time for another cup now so see ya.

13. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe

LadyLisa:

Honey Dew was/is(?) a delicious orange drink which we used to enjoy at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto in the 50's. As I remember it, it was a soda I think but it must have been mixed with real OJ cause it had flecks of oranges in it.

It was sold at hot dog stands called Honey Dew (I think) which were actually run by a chain of restaurants in Canada called Honey Dew Restaurants.

When I started work after high school in Toronto, I remember I used to breakfast on fresh hot corn muffins and honey dew at one of the restaurants in downtown Toronto near The Prudential building where I worked at King and Yonge Streets.

Pru is no longer there I don't think. It was a wonderful company to work for with some great products and wonderful people. It's a company that sure has a checkered history now. I wonder how it's doing now and if it was affected seriously by September 11th?

I am sure this must be fascinating stuff! Thanks for reading this far. Got any interesting memories of your first job?

14. deuce

deuce

I've gotta say Manzana Lift is BY FAR the best ever. Candy... do you guys get that stuff in Acapulco? I have only seen it in Mainland Mexico. (I guess you don't ever pop in here to Never-Never Land, but just checking) Great stuff... anyway, I choose Pepsi over Coke, because even though it is the "classic", and I drink it more often than Pepsi, it tastes too kinda starchy... (then why the hell do I drink it?) ...ya got me.

What is it with you Canadians and your gingerale? Is that stuff really THAT good? It seems like it is your national pastime. I always thought it was maple syrup or something... I don't know. lol... I'm only joking, but seriously, I haven't had gingerale since I was about 5, and it might have been in Canada, who knows... what is so special about it? I think I will have to go pick up some and find out for myself... (sorry for barging in on this all-Canadian discussion of gingerale.)

15. Gram123

Gram123

Wen - Lowcocks came in glass litre bottles, and were delivered by the 'pop man' on his truck!
    They had all the usual awful sweet flavours - Cherryade, Limeade Orangeade etc, but also Strawberry and Bubblegum flavours.

Do you remember Quattro? That was my favourite as a kid. Well, that or Top Deck Cider (0.2% alcohol)!!

Also, I wouldn't want to forget Soda Stream - pop so poor you had to make it yourself! My favourite was Giggly Monsters!!

Gram

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice