1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cold boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Roger63, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roger63

Roger63 Thread Starter

When I bought this system it came with Windows 98 SE and started the boot prosses automatically when the power button is pressed. After upgrading to Windows XP Home I always have to press the power on button then the reset button before it will boot. I have tried updating the BIOS, even bought a new chip. No help, still refuses to boot.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Roger,

Could you post the make and model of the PC so we can research it for you? Also when you upgraded did you do an Update or New Install?

3. Roger63

Roger63 Thread Starter

This is not a known brand of system, the mainboard is an Amptron PIII-3754-LMR. Like I said in the first post, Upgrade.

4. Dan O

Dan O

Roger,

You last sentence is not being very friendly. There are two option when you upgrade and install XP, which is why I asked. I recommend you check for BIOS upgrades to fix your problem, see: http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.html

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/102832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice