1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color difference between plain paper setting and glossy setting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Jeff B, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff B

Jeff B Thread Starter

Hello.
    I am using a Canon i9100 printer. Just reinstalled printer in a new Thinkpad laptop with updated drivers from Canon website. This printer worked great (color representation) in my old thinkpad. When I print in standard print quality mode, and set to plain paper the print colors are very good. When I print in High quality mode, and set to glossy or photo paper the color is way off. I checked driver color management and it is set to the same setting in both laptops. I haven't played with the "color profile". Any suggestions, I really would like to get a good glossy print.
    Thanks, JB

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

so are you saying it worked ok on the old thinkpad with both types of paper, and now on the new one the photo paper is "off".

Are you using the MFG Paper and Ink? Best bet is to probably email via their online support...if the issue is between the new/old laptop XP > Vista...then it would probably have something to do with the driver (Canon) wrote for Vista. They might be able to provide the proper tweaks.

3. Jeff B

Jeff B Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply -- turns out that the same color problem is happening on both laptops. They both are XP pro OS. I am about to pull back on the warm colors when using my large format Canon. After delving into the world of color management I see there is a lot more to this matching problem -- another week of educating myself. What baffle's me is that I use to get a perfect glossy, high quality print with extremely accurate colors.

JB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!