1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color difference in LCD monitor & Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by go4saket, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go4saket

go4saket Thread Starter

Hello friends!

I have one desktop with a 19" Viewsonic LCD Monitor and a Sony Viao Laptop. Problem is that when I compare colors in both the monitors, they look pretty different. The display on the Viewsonic monitor looks more natural whereas on the laptop it looks a little artificial, as in its more dynamic and has a bluish tone. How can I make both look almost alike?

Moreover, the viewing angle of my laptop is pretty bad. A little angle any side and the colors and brightness changes like hell. Its a brand new laptop. so is it a bad technology or a hardware problem?

Thank you.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    See if the laptop has any advanced options in the display properties settings to modify the contrast, brightness and color characteristics of the display.

The viewing angles of an LCD panel depend on the design and material used to make it. You are stuck with what you got. When shopping for your next laptop, check to see if the specifications include viewing angles. Laptops with wide viewing angles usually promote that fact.

This is a family friendly site and there is no need for swearing here.

3. go4saket

go4saket Thread Starter

Thanks and I will surely check the same. BTW, am I missing some thing because I dont remember swearing anywhere...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice