1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color Display Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kristinduncan, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kristinduncan

kristinduncan Thread Starter

My color display on my monitor is screwed up and everything is in shades of blue, gray, and yellow. I can't fix it and I've tried everything. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hi kristinduncan, welcome to TSG, but patience please, multiple threads only make for clutter and confusion.

I'm going to delete your other duplicate post.

Just looked at your attachment. I don't see the problem. You are getting a full spectrum 16bit true color display.

I think what you are concerned with is the "scheme" selection in Display settings>Appearance. Try choosing "Windows Standard"

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If you want to compare, here's mine....

Attached Files:

4. kristinduncan

I did what you said and restarted the computer in Safe Mode but the colors were still weird. I also checked to make sure the scheme was "Windows Standard". What should I do now?

5. kristinduncan

I have one other computer and the display settings look like this.

Attached Files:

6. kristinduncan

The color display looks blue and yellow on my computer, but it is a rainbow on the other one. I'm confused.

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

There both normal. The only difference is that in the second one, the original teal desktop background remains. This is configurable through the Appearance page. You can make it anything you like by playing with the manual color control there.

>>Then it sounds like a Monitor problem on the "blue and yellow" one. The actual displays we are seeing are just fine.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice