Color Fading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KICK10

Sometimes The Shut Down Screen Comes Up, The Color On The Desktop Fades, Almost No Color At All.
Also Sometimes My Unit Won't Restart(boot). When I Free Up My Usb Port, It Seems To Restart Sometimes.
Could This Be A Sign Of Power Supply Going Bad? I Seem To Have No Other Symptoms And All Has Been Doing Well. This Just Started. I Just Recently Added A Dvd Burner That Worked Ok For The Past Few Weeks.
I Really Don't Know What The Problem Is But I Have A Hunch That It May Be A Power Problem But I Don't Know How To Test For This Problem.
Any Ideas?
Thanks For Whatever Info You May Have

Pentium 2-450 Del Dimmension.

On shutdown, the colour is meant to fade to black and white, so thats normal.
It should always do this.

The USB problem could be driver related, you make no mention of what WIndows version you are running. Reloading the motherboard drivers may help, but if its Windows XP or 2000 on older hardware such as that, you would certainly need updated drivers.

Non of the issues would suggest a power supply problem.

KICK10

Running windows xp. thanks for the info. The shut down menu that comes up when you go to shutdown fades the desk top to B & W. This is the first time it has done this. Is that set up in my config?
Thanks for yur response

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online