Color fill: how to make it work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jackpol

Quite often I am unable to put a yellow color fill over a word or phrase. I have finally found the solution: there are two toolbars and two color fill tool paint cans only one of which will work. Only the one on the drawing toolbar will do this.
The wrong toolbar begins with"auto text", and "all entries"-it's paint chart is empty
The correct toolbar begins with"draw table" and "eraser" and it has a paint can with real colors.
There doesn't seem to be a way to identify the names of the various toolbars that might be in use. the identifications I tried to use are from word 97.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
What you are referring to, applies only to text that is within a "Word image" and could NOT be applied to the main body of the document.

jackpol

What you are referring to, applies only to text that is within a "Word image" and could NOT be applied to the main body of the document.
I am trying to point out how maddening it is to be able to highlight words here and there and suddenly find that you can no longer do it, only much later to discover that there are two paint cans in two toolbars one of which has an appetizing and suggestive yellow streak and is devoid of color and the other one that will do the job. In most cases you're not going to look for a second tool on a second toolbar to do what you want to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has run into this.
I don't know what you mean by applying color to the main body of the document-how often is there a call for that?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Then I do NOT understand what you are trying to do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts