1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color Issues/Windows 7/laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crisa417, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crisa417

crisa417 Thread Starter

I have a Hp windows 7 laptop and I noticed that the color on any page is getting weaker and slowly seems to be translucent. Ive went into adjust the gamma,contrast etc. Still seems to be slowly fading. Ive went into paint,and the colors are fine. Dark colors are very light .on most pages Also, some games my kids run, require Adobe Flash. I have installed properly and the games are still asking to install the program. I have rebooted several times and no luck. if anybody can help out its much appreciated .

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. crisa417

crisa417 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2812 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 336 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 274612 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 363F
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    There are quite a few different HP Windows 7 laptops out there? Could you be more specific please?

5. crisa417

crisa417 Thread Starter

This is all could find . Sorry Ive been doing research and I keep seeing that my hard drive may be out of date. If you could give me some info on how to find the exact model I would appreciate it. Also a good way to describe the color,it seems like star burst around pictures or icons. All colors are real light or like I said almost translucent. Real hard on the eyes.

6. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    You can generally find the model number on a label on the underside of the laptop itself. You don't generally have to shut your laptop down to do this, but you are urged to be careful while doing so.

HP also have info on how to check from within Windows: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...indModel&cc=au&dlc=en&docname=c00033108&lc=en

In either case, you should find something along the lines of 'Product No.' or 'Model' or the like.

7. crisa417

crisa417 Thread Starter

model is G61-631NR .....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice