1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color management issues?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by faith_destro, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faith_destro

faith_destro Thread Starter

I used to have windows 95 running on my comp. I have a very crappy monitor and it tends to be too dark and too blue most of the time. When I got the comp, it was from my friend, who'd reformatted before giving it to me. I had to manually adjust the colors, through the display settings. The little box with the picture of the girl, and you move the sliders around till the color is right.
    Well about 2 years ago I got it reformatted again, this time with Win98. And that option seems to not exist anymore. I go to Display>Settings>Advanced but there's only the color profiles box. I had thought maybe this was just how win98 was, until I was messing with my friends comp, running win98 also, and found the option on hers.

I've tried to figure out why hers has it and mine doesn't and I'm stumped. I've also posted about this before but noone seemed to notice.

Can someone PLEASE help? My monitor is so dark I have to highlight text on pages just to read it most of the time, and it really effects my work as a graphic artist...

2. hewee

hewee

3. faith_destro

faith_destro Thread Starter

The problem with that is that my monitor has only 2 buttons on it to adjust the brightness/contrast and they truly don't effect it much. I need to figure out why I don't have that option to adjust the colors through the display settings. Is it a problem with my copy of win98, did it install it differently than it did on my friends comp, is it something I can download?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice