1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

color printer not printing in full spectrum color

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kstevens777, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kstevens777

kstevens777 Thread Starter

I have an HP business inkjet 2300 & Windows XP desk top. My printer is only prining in black or this funky dark pink and light pink mode. (Grey Scale?) How do I remedy this. I know the ink is full because I just replaced all the colors thinking I was running out of the primary colors bet that didn't fix it. Any Ideas? Thanks!!!

2. dan6611

dan6611

The pink is usually a sign that the ink is about to run out. Check the printer settings in the Windows control panel for the printing mode. From there, you should be able to do some diagnostics. Try a print head alignment and print head cleaning, just try all of the different options and then try and re-print. If not, you could have some dud inks? Very unlikely, but if you bought them cheaply from a not so good brand or had them re-filled then it could be an issue.

3. kstevens777

kstevens777 Thread Starter

Thanks Dan,
    I replaced the ink cartridges with HP's from Staples, -not refills- supposedly brand new. I repleaced them because it was only printing in the pinks,,,,,I will try your suggestions and report back. -K

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice