1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color Printing Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cwilmot, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I have an HP Deskjet printer which recently, and without any warning, refused to print in color. I assumed that it was the cartridge and purchased a new one. But this made no difference. It now prints only in B & W. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this sudden development? TIA.

2. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I just wonder how many people, on this bulletin board, acknowledge their own "goofs"?!? Well, I'm one who is doing so. Sometime ago, when I was doing primarily draft printing, I set my printing preferences to "Economy" and to "Grayscale". Apparently, at these settings, a picture printout turns out to be strictly B & W. Once I went back in and changed those settings to "excellent" and unchecked the "Grayscale" option, my color printing capability returned to normal. cwilmot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice