1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

color setting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chanmuangseri, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chanmuangseri

chanmuangseri Thread Starter

Dear wonderful people. I have a Logitech web cam. running windows 98se,700mhz, msn.explorer6.1. i used to be able to transfer or download the picture from the camera to the computer. Now every time I try to run the program,it gives mw the message saying." the QuickCam software requires a screen resolution of 800*600 or greater. you will not be able to run it until you modify your windows Settings. right now I have 640*480 pixels. I have tried to move the Slide under the "screen Area" but the slide did not move at all. Please tell me how to do this..It is killing me now , I like to see the picturs that I took.
    Please help me.
    thank you very much,
    seri chanmuang

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Sounds like you need to reinstall your display adapters. Do you have the cd rom or floppies that came with the computer? If not, do you know the name and model of your video card?

3. chanmuangseri

chanmuangseri Thread Starter

thanks Acacandy: I don't have display adapter. or if I do where can I find it in my computer. the cd-rom came with the computer ., but I don't know the name and the model of the video card. ( the cd-rom that you mention...is the one that always come with the computer? that i do have 44X.
    Chanmuangseri

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I actually meant the cd disk itself, it may be labeled 'restore' or it may have the name of the computer manufacturer on top.

What is the make and model of your computer.

Also, what shows for display adapater under start button, settings, control panel, system, device manager?

5. chiqantony

chiqantony

that is right u have to reinstall the adapter driver
    plz check if your pc has a built in vga that means u have to check if your monitor cable is being connected to a the pc mother board directly
    and if u have a vga card so the monitor cable will be attached to the card
    in the built in case u will find the driver of your vga card in the cd which configure all of your mother board but if u have a vga card so u will have a separate cd for it
    after u confirm that put the correct cd in your cd rom go to change your adapter configuration

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice