1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Color Settings

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Summerbear5, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summerbear5

Summerbear5 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I bought a 32 Inch HD TV for myself for Christmas...I have it all hooked up and going...I absolutely love it except I'm having a slight problem with color settings. (TV is PC ready just plug and play or something like that. It is plugged in with a monitor cable I got at radio shack)

I have a 1 GB Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT with most current update from Nvidia.com, I also have all updates via windows update.

The problem I currently have is by default what I am seeing on the tv is very red. So I went to the Nvidia Control Panel and Color Settings tab where you can adjust brightness/contrast/gamma, digital vibrance & hue. Under these color settings I turned the red brightness down and the contrast a little down. I was then having a problem with white looking yellow tinged so I pulled up the blue brightness and contrast. Now black looks slightly blue. I tried messing with greens and tweaking other colors here and there but I'm getting no where fast.

Before I was using a 17 inch LCD monitor and the colors were fine.

I'm just wondering right now if anyone else who has a setup like mine or someone who is knowledgeable about Nvidia color settings maybe help me figure out what settings I could try.

Currently using

Red,
    Brightness: 25
    Contrast: 40
    Gamma: 1.00
    Blue,
    Brightness: 60
    Contrast: 100
    Green,
    Brightness: 50
    Contrast: 75

Digital Vibrance: 50 (default)
    Hue: 0 (default)

Default on the RBG is Brightness: 50 Contrast: 50 Gamma: 1.00

If you need anymore information please let me know, thanks.

2. shannon08

shannon08

Thanks for sharing useful information....

3. Summerbear5

Summerbear5 Thread Starter

I was sharing because I need help figuring out color settings because I'm still having problems...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice