1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

colors on websites when browsing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yachats, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yachats

yachats Thread Starter

I cannot figure out how to disable the Win XP "choice" which allows you to control the colors and text on webpages. I DON'T WANT to control the colors!! I want to see the colors, fonts, etc that the web designers put on their pages. Because i can't seem to get rid of this feature, I also can no longer design my own webpages and use different color backgrounds and text. Every page looks the same and is completely controlled by what colors I set when I go to Control Panel and chose a Theme.

All my email in OE looks the same too, even when senders are using different colored fonts and stationery. I can only see these if I look on my old computer which has Win ME.

Any ideas as to how to disable this "new and improved" (NOT!) function?

Thanks so much,
    yachats

2. PlatinumDrag

PlatinumDrag

Not exactly sure what your asking but any changes you wish to make to your view can be done in the desktop properties. There are settings for classic windows and Standard which are 98 style.

Otherwise check your vid card settings.

3. yachats

yachats Thread Starter

thanks PlatinumDrag.

The problem is that whatever colors and font I chose for my monitor under Control Panel, Display, Appearances also appears on all internet pages I visit. Like this page here is currently dark brown on my screen - because that's what I chose for my OE email. (I have problems with white backgrounds giving me headaches.)

This never happened on previous computers. I would choose a color, it would show up in my email, but when I went on the WWW, the colors on the webpages would vary according to what the designer chose them to be.

Now I seem to have only 2 choices for viewing webpages; I can check the box under Tools, Internet Options, Colors where it says designate a color for all webpages ,or I can check the box which says "use Windows colors". I DON'T seem to be able to let the webpages just show up in whatever color the webpage designer assigned to it. So I can't view my own websites and see the colors and background patterns I put there myself!

Hope this helps explain my problem better.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice