1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

colors switched when refilling cartlige

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by edgar818, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edgar818

edgar818 Thread Starter

I recentyl purchased a refill kit for my hp psc 750 printer and i switched the colors by accident. is there any way i can change color settings while printing so it fixes up.

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

You will have to put that one down to experience.

I gave up on refilling as I found in general there were more hassels than benefits.

3. 911

Same here. I've never done a refill that worked well and gave no problems. I sprained my wrist trying to open the cartridge on the last one I tried, and just threw the mess out.

I can't think of a way to undo a color mixup, it would be like trying to unscramble an egg.

4. xgerryx

xgerryx

I'll have to remember that one (y)
    Its very discriptive

5. edgar818

edgar818 Thread Starter

no im saying on the computer is there any program that will switch the way it prints

6. xgerryx

xgerryx

No there is not. Even if there was, the colours would be so badly mixed it would look like scrambled eggs.

7. 911

Well, there are some photo-editors that let you switch colors. Make blue things red, yellow things purple, etc. I think you would go insane trying to make the colors look right with the scrambled cartridge, though. If it were me, I'd just go buy another cartridge.

8. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The problem is the colours are not used in "equal portions" so switching it (if you could) in software would still produce bizzare results.

I am firmly with the above view (and I use a PSC 750) that refilling is only good for school projects or home playing about, the quality is usually too poor for anything else. There is a critical negative pressure required for correct ink distribution, its just not possible to get that correct when refilling.

At least the printer does not use a separate print head, so buying a new cartridge will fix it.

9. slipe

slipe

Two of the colors are actually a mixture of two pure colors to make subtractive cyan or magenta. Even if you had cleaned out the cartridges so the sponges had no pigment from the previous color left it would be almost impossible to manipulate the colors. Your only fix now is to buy a new tri-color cartridge.

I have filled my printer cartridges for probably 15 years starting with one of the early Canon bubble jets. I refilled my HP 700 then my HP 930 for probably 6 of those years without much problem. Black was falling off a log easy but the HP color took an initial learning curve. If you fill the HP color all the way to the top it over saturates the sponge and ink can leak out the head and into an adjacent color by capillary action. Once I learned to sample the colors and not fill past about 1/8 inch of the top I had no problems. I’ve been filling Canons for several years now without any problems at all.

You won’t have good results without good ink. You need ink made specifically for the brand and model range of the printer. HP 700 color ink didn’t work in the HP 930 as they reformulated the inks. A universal refill kit gives terrible results. I’ve had good results with MIS ink both in the HPs and currently in my Canon.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice