1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Colors

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by FrozenRain00, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrozenRain00

FrozenRain00 Thread Starter

OK- i just had a huge problem with a computer i was given with my brother that i was able to fix thanks to those of you on this site, now- my new question- and possibly a very STUPID question is:

On my settings i ONLY have

16 Colors
    2 Colors

How the heck do i get 16 Bit, and 256 like i have on my other computers? do i have to install a new card- or a software... or what? and if so- how much does something like that cost for an older compaq?

Please help me solve my rather- dumb question

I want to use my picture software and stuff on this desktop computer- but i really want everything to look REAL, and with 16 BIT i know it does- while with just 16, it all looks rather cruddy

Thanks

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Doesn't sound like you have the correct Video Driver Installed. What is the make and model of your Video Card?

3. FrozenRain00

Tell ya the truth- i have no idea how to even find that on the computer... all i know is i received this computer from my brother and i had to reformat it...

Any ideas on how i can get this info for ya?

4. Squashman

5. FrozenRain00

OK- im gonna open up the case but im afraid what im gonna find... where's the thing located- first time i've done this- can ya tell?

6. FrozenRain00

SO i can't even figure out how to open this thing- got the shell off but its so tightly compact i have no clue

7. FrozenRain00

i can't use your site because the computer im fixing has no connection to the internet.

I can only see two circut boards of ram and one modum... i don't see any other cards in there at all...

8. Squashman

Is the Video port connected to the Motherboard or is it a card in one of the brown and white slots? What is the make and model of the computer?

9. FrozenRain00

Its a Compaq Business Desktop i believe... the Serial is 6113 FHGZ C817 if you can find it online- do you have like... AIM or anything? i could take a picture of this thing and send it to you right quick if you'd like... cause im not seeing anything besides those three cards

10. Squashman

You need to figure out the Make and Model of the computer. Then go to HP/compaq's website and they will have the correct Video Driver for you to download. I won't be able to tell by a picture.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice