1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

colour cgange for word document?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by missmouse, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missmouse

missmouse Banned Thread Starter

Hi, someone has sent me a handwritten scanned document in Word & I wish to print it in a different colour (black at present) I cant seem to set my printer (epsom480SXU) to do this. I thought I should be able to print ANYTHING, ANY colour?
    Help please as its a wedding invite!
    Missmouse

(433, 6.5G, win98)

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The scanned document is a picture of a handwritten document, embedded in Word?

If so, its all one layer.
    There is no separate layer for the hand written text, its like taking a black and white photo and asking your printer to render it in colour.

I may have mis-understood your question?

3. missmouse

missmouse Banned Thread Starter

Thanx kiwiguy, but surely I can force my printer to print in any colour? Its not like its changing a pictures many colours just the black that it is, to say-, blue?
    I know i cant change the documents colour as it thinks the whole scanned page is a picture including the background?
    But surely i can over ride the printer? Iim sure if I put a blue ink cartridge into the black one's place that would work! but obviously i dont want to do it like that!

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Is the handwriting black on a white page? If you copy the picture and paste it into a graphics editing package, you will be able to change it that way. Then paste it back into Word.

Also have you tried right clicking on the image and choosing Format.
    It really depends on how the image was inserted as to what you can do. Usually not much.

What your problem is at present, is that you are trying to force Word to act as a graphics editor, to change the attributes of an image thats been pasted in there.
    There will be a limit as to how much of that that can occur within Word.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Generally, there's a setting in your printer properties to change it to print only in black & white or grayscale--one of those. Doesn't your printer have this setting?

Doh. nevermind. You want to print other than black. No can do.

Can you send me the invite? Maybe I can do something for you. I've got graphics programs. [email protected]

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice