1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Colour managing Vista,Spyder,Lg 1920p twin screens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by geoffreybubb, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffreybubb

geoffreybubb Thread Starter

I would appreciate any help in setting up colour management with my system which comprises Vista 32 Home premium, twin Lg L1920P monitors, and a basic Spyder 2 profiler. Although I shoot in RAW I normally use sRGB colour space as most of my work goes out to labs for printing, or to the web for slide shows.

I am now at the "totally confused, sod it all " stage and need some help to get back on track. Apart from general guidance I also need advice on the following specific areas:

1. After calibrating with Spyder 2 to 6500K and checking the before and after calibration pic I find that I prefer the Before setting because the After setting is too warm, particularly in the shadow areas. I considered leaving the monitor uncalibrated but Spyder says that the before pic may be clibrated with some other Look Up setting. I could try 9300K but its too cold and I always thought that 6500 was the standard for photos, its the setting I use on my cameras.

2. When using the L1920P I am uncertain as to which Lightview setting I should use when calibrating. Which mode and when ? If I calibrate using the User Mode do I view it in that mode at ALL times ?

3. If I calibrate and get a profile will it get screwed up If I then make an adjustment to RGB to correct the problem in 1. above ?

4. What settings should I use in Display Settings/Advanced/Colour Management/Devices and Advanced ?

5. I've heard about a tip to calibrate two screens on the Basic Spyder by using the mirror set up and placing the Spyder on the 2nd screen. Has anyone tried this ?

6. Whats the best way to adjust the two screen colours so that they look alike, and also how can I get my laptop screen to match my monitor screens ?

I appreciate its a complex area and compromise is inevitable so I would be grateful for assistance from anyone who has experience of these problems and the hardware used by myself. I'm not a beginner but I'm a photographer not a computer expert so please keep things fairly simple for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice